Tuesday, July 31, 2012

{Teaser Tuesday} #21 - Parental Advisory


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Mizb at Should Be Reading. To participate, you need to:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two teaser sentences from somewhere on that page
  • Be careful not to include spoilers
  • Share the title and author so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR list if they like your teaser


Kathy's Teaser:


"When she reads it, it's going to kill her. I've been trying to figure out how to stop this, but -"

She started sobbing and then swallowed hard, trying to stop, not wanting him to see her like this.


Barefoot Girls, Ebook location 4833
Author: Tara McTiernan
Release Date: July 2, 2012
Publisher: CreateSpace




Mandy's Teaser:


"Meep!"

"Shut up!"

It's round about then that I lose my temper. "Why the fuck d'ya keep doing that?" I scream.

"Shut up!" the monster honks back.

"Shut the fuck up!" I tell it.

"Shut up!"

"SHUT! UP!"

"Shut up!"

Flustered by all the shouting, the monkey honks his nose repeatedly in alarm. As if repetition breeds comprehension.

"Meep! Meep! Meep!"

Graysmark stiffens at my side. Seeing clearly where this exchange is going. Knowing implicitly what's gonna happen next. Trying to throw the conversational equivalent of a fireproof blanket on the situation, he says, "I think it's a kind of distress signal."

"Shut up!"

He might just've well hurled water onto blazing oil.

"Kill it!" I command.

"Shut up!"

"Meep! Meep! Meep!"

"But, your excellency, I fear their realm is in peril and they ..."

"Kill them both!"

"Shut up!"

"Meep! Meep! Meep!"

I don't ask him again.


Forever A-Men, Pages123-124
Author: John Trevillian
Copyright: March 1, 2012
Publisher: Troubador Publishing Ltd.


Side Note: I know my teaser was longer than usual, but I found this part hilarious when I came across it and had to share.

2 comments:

  1. The first teaser sounds intense.

    I'm sure the second one is funny in context, but it was just a little weird by itself. Leave the poor monkey alone!

    Thanks for sharing!

    I hope you'll stop by and visit my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it's funny in context or if I just have a weird sense of humor. ;-) Thanks for stopping by! We'll be sure to check yours out.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast