Thursday, July 14, 2011

Third Sentence Thursday (7)


Third Sentence Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books for beating back the forces of OTHER sentences!

1) Take the book you are reading now and post the third sentence
2) Review this sentence anyway you want (funny and silly reviews encouraged)
3) Post a link to your sentence in the comments

This week, my third sentence comes from Centuries of June by Keith Donohue:


"Facedown on the bathroom floor, I watched my blood escape from me, spreading across the cool ceramic tiles like an oil slick, too bright and theatrical to be real."


Is this person male or female?  Why are they facedown in the bathroom?  Why are they bleeding?  Is there somebody there who hurt them in some way or did they injure themselves?  What series of events led up to them being facedown in the bathroom?  Why the bathroom?  Why not the bedroom, living room, kitchen or hallway?

Again, another TST where I have nothing but questions pertaining to my third sentence selection.  Somebody want to give me the answers now or should I read the book to find them out on my own?  Read the book, you say?  Alrighty then ... Check back soon to read my review ... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast