Friday, February 24, 2012

Mandy Reviews - Customers Clients Patrons and Morons: A Lifetime of Dealing with the Public by Jim Schulte

ISBN #: 978-1456485009
Page Count: 109
Copyright: 2010


Book Summary:
(Taken from back cover)

I'm just a normal kind of guy that loves dealing with the public on a daily basis. Just like any other job, some days are better than others.

I'm of the opinion that any job is what you make it. I choose to make mine very satisfying.

I don't have a college degree and I'm not an accomplished author. I simply love to write.

I write like I talk, so don't look for any big fancy words with long complicated meanings. I probably wouldn't know how to spell most them anyway.


Mandy's Review:

Just about every job on this planet has some element of customer service. This means that just about every employed person has dealt with customers, clients or patrons at some point during their career ... which means every employed person has dealt with, at least, a few morons during their employment as well.

Jim's book is a collection of stories that he has obtained during his working life. We all have them, but he was smart enough to write them in book format for the world to read.

I could not relate to all of the stories in Mr. Schulte's book, but with 15+ years in the customer service field, I was able to relate to most of them ... especially the feelings invoked by such experiences. With the ones I related to, I found them hilarious. There was one point that I literally LOL'd until I cried.

There are some editing issues that need to be taken care of, but, overall, this book is a quick entertaining read that should be enjoyed by all persons in the customer service field.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast