Friday, August 23, 2013

{Meme} Book Blogger Hop


Welcome to another weekly edition of the Book Blogger Hop, graciously kept alive by Billy from Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer.


This week's question:

Book blogging is more than just reading. Who helped you set up or run your blog? Or did you do it all yourself?


Mandy's Response:

I set up and, pretty much, run the blog myself. I have the help of some wonderful ladies with reviews (thank goodness!), but the typing of the posts and blog decoration, layout, etc are all me. There are days when I wish I had some help with the running of the blog, but I don't know that I'd want to give up control. I'm a bit of a Type A personality. There are things I see on other blogs that I wish we had on here, but I've not had the time to learn how to do them or where to acquire the knowledge. I suppose those things will come with time.

12 comments:

  1. Your blog looks great. I maintain and set up my blog on my own too.

    If you need help, just ask me or anyone. Book Bloggers are the BEST and so helpful.

    Have a great day!!

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I may be calling on you for some knowledge in the near future! =)

      Delete
  2. I started out doing everything myself, and then wound up hiring someone to re-do my blog. I'm not fluent enough in HTML, and I also knew that someone who knew what they were doing would be well worth a little money (instead of me pulling my hair out, spending loads of time trying to make it work). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was it someone you know or is there a "company" out there that does this type of thing?

      Delete
  3. I feel a lot like you do about maybe wanting a little help but not wanting to give up control. So far y blog has been 100% run by me.
    Nice answer, here's mine
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2013/08/book-blogger-hop-9-august-23rd-29th.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog design and that is so great to have someone help with reviews. That gives you more time to work on other things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL you got me right in you post. I'm also type A personality and well...I can't do everything you know, even when I want too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog looks great! And I love the quote by Haruki Murakami. There are a lot of things I've never figured out how to do that other blogs make look so easy, but there are only so many hours in a day and I don't want to spend them fighting with my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your blog,new GFC follower
    hope you can visit my Book Blogger Hop

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely the same way except I even do my own reviews although I had to enlist help for one of my reviews. I swear by doing my own work I'm obsessive like that. :)

    Check out MY HOP

    New GFC Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do it myself, but I'm kind of lazy about it. It's not my passion as much as a journal of books read.

    I like your blog!

    http://librarytalker.blogspot.com/2013/08/book-blogger-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Don't forget there is a rare beauty in simplicity. Plus the more you have on you blog, the more there is to maintain. So speaks the voice of experience. ;)

    ReplyDelete

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast