Friday, August 2, 2013

{Meme} Book Blogger Hop



Hey there blogger buddies! Welcome to another weekly edition of the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Billy from Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer.


This Week's Question:

How do you turn down a review request?


Kathy's Response:

I let Mandy handle this. ;-)


Mandy's Response:

Yes, I am the "bad guy" of Literary R&R. I am generally the one reading through all of your review requests. I used to respond to every single email. With the amount of emails we get each week, though, it got to be too much. Now, I mostly delete the rejected request without responding. Every now and then I will respond to the author or publisher we're rejecting. It's nothing personal, but often times our TBR piles are so extensive it would really be unfair if we accepted your work for review.


Let us know how you handle rejecting review requests ...

7 comments:

  1. As an author, I can say that the old "Due to overwhelming TBR pile, not accepting requests at this time" hurts the least.

    (Disclaimer: You guys gave me a great review for my novel, "Night Machines," two years ago. So I'll be bugging you in a few months to review my upcoming novel, "Underlake.") http://literaryrr.blogspot.com/2011/09/review-night-machines-by-kia-heavey.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get a lot of requests also. I send a quick email back and say, no thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you get so many requests it would take a big chunk of your time to respond to them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! And with working full-time, I (Mandy) tend not to have a big chunk of time to spare.

      Delete
  4. Good to hear that being filled with too many requests is the least offensive. That definitely is the major reason why I can't accept too many requests any more. I have reviews into the new year.

    Declining is tricky, but it can be done graciously as I have seen from many answers today including mine. :)

    Stop by for my full answer if you like.

    Happy Hopping!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We still have review requests from last year that we're trying to fulfill. =(

      Delete

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast