Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Flannery O'Connor Reading Challenge


Flannery O'Connor (1925 - 1964) is considered one of America's greatest fiction writers and one of the strongest apologists for Roman Catholicism in the twentieth century.  Born of the marriage of two of Georgia's oldest Catholic families, O'Connor was a devout believer whose small but impressive body of fiction presents the soul's struggles with what she called the "stinking mad shadow of Jesus."

You can read more about Flannery O'Connor here.

I decided to start this challenge because I bought The Complete Stories last year and have only read one story out of it.  I know if I don't challenge myself to read these stories, they may sit on my shelf for a long time without my giving them a second thought.  I'm giving myself until the end of the year to read these stories since they're not that long.  I think the longest is about 20 pages or so.

There are 30 stories.  You can find a list, as well as links to my reviews of the ones that I've read, in my links on the top right side of my blog.

I would love for people to join me.  Perhaps discussions can be initiated through these stories ... ???  =)

If you would like to join me, please add your link below.  I'd like to visit occasionally and read your reviews to see how we compare.  Thanks! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast