Friday, June 14, 2013

{Meme} Book Blogger Hop


It's time for the weekly edition of the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Billy from Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer.

This week's question:

What is your favorite genre? Recommend a book!


Kathy's Response:

My favorite genre is literary fiction. Some of my favorite recent reads are Before I Go To Sleep by S.J. Watson and The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz.


Mandy's Response:

My favorite genre has to be mystery/horror. I have yet to find a book that surpasses It by Stephen King enough for me to recommend someone read it. However, I would be willing to accept recommendations from you all if you'd like to suggest a book or two.

6 comments:

  1. I read both of your books, Kathy. I didn't like Oscar Wao at all.

    My favorite is historical fiction and mystery.

    Happy Hopping!!
    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Blog Hop Answer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...I usually don't say literary fiction because there are so many books that fall under this category, but I guess it's a great answer when you are an eclectic reader :)

    My post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good choices! Although It seriously ruin clowns for me! Funny how a horror book scares me ten fold over a movie.

    Happy Blog Hop!

    You can check out my answer at Meredith's Musings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a little mystified by literary ficiton, I must actually google it to find out a little more about its meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Kathryn I'm also unsure what the clear meaning of Literary Fiction means, I initially thought I knew it's meaning but I've checked other "literary fiction" novels which I didn't think fell into that category, so I'd love hear others' thoughts/explanations into this genre.

    My Book Blogger Hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read IT before, very good. I write science fiction/paranormal and while it's not like Steven King, it is different.

    New GFC Follower.

    My blog site: http://ashleynemer.blogspot.com/2013/06/what-is-your-favorite-genre-genre-that.html

    ReplyDelete

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast