Wednesday, June 19, 2013

{2013 TBR Pile Challenge - Review} Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

ISBN #: 978-1416989424
Page Count: 416
Copyright: October 13, 2009
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers


Book Summary:
(Taken from back cover)

When Nora and Patch are forced together as lab partners, Nora would rather fall to her death than put up with his elusive answers to her questions, his teasing, and his infuriatingly handsome face and hypnotizing eyes. It seems Patch was put on earth just to drive her crazy.

But before long, Nora's defenses start to break down as her curiosity about Patch heats up. Why does he always seem to be wherever she is and know exactly what she's thinking? How does he know what to say to both attract and repulse her? And what is up with those V-shaped scars on his chiseled back?

As their connection grows stronger, Nora's own life becomes increasingly fragile. Nora needs to decide: Is Patch the one who wants to do her harm or the one who will keep her safe? Has she fallen for one of the fallen?


Mandy's Review:

FINALLY!

I have finally read a TBR Pile Challenge book that I actually enjoyed!

I have always preferred stories containing angels over stories containing vampires, so I was hoping this was going to be one I enjoyed ... and it was.

When I first began reading it and Patch was introduced into the story, I must admit, I had a flashback of Twilight. You know where I'm talking about: Edward and Bella sitting beside each other in class, Bella can't breathe and all that hoopla. Despite the quick flashback, though, Nora and Patch's story is much better than Edward and Bella's. I mean, who wants a cold vampire when you can have a lusty hot-blooded fallen angel?

The dynamics between Patch and Nora are electric. They mesh well together. If I would've been Nora, there wouldn't have been any holding back on the "getting to know" Patch front (if you know what I'm talking about). Good for her for having her head together, though.

It seems like everyone in the world has read this book already, so you know how awesome this book is. I don't have to tell you. This is one series I will definitely be keeping in my personal library. And, if by some quirk of fate, you haven't read this book yet ... go get it now!


1 comment:

  1. Hmm, I heard it was just like Twilight but now I'm thinking I'll check it out. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast