Saturday, November 27, 2010

Review: The Curse of the Mummy's Tomb by R. L. Stine



ISBN #: 0-590-45369-6 (se)
Page Count: 132
Copyright: 1993









Summary:
(Taken from back of book)

Gabe just got lost - in a pyramid.  One minute, his crazy cousin Sari was right ahead of him in the pyramid tunnel.  The next minute, she'd disappeared.

But Gabe isn't alone.  Someone else is in the pyramid, too.

Someone.  Or some thing.

Gabe doesn't believe in the curse of the mummy's tomb.  But that doesn't mean the curse isn't real.

Does it?


My Review:

This is the 5th book in the original Goosebumps series, which is #94 on the Top 100 Banned/Challenged Books: 2000 - 2009.  The series was banned/challenged because of people complaining it was too scary for the targeted age group to read.

After reading this book, I would have to disagree with the complaints.  Yes, the book has a sense of mystery and suspense, but it is in no way scary.  Even though there is a kidnapping, curse and attempted murder in this book ... it is still not too scary for pre-teens to read.

I actually enjoyed this story, even though I did find it a little predictable.  Although, I am sure I found it predictable because of all the scary books I've read over the course of my life. =)

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast