Sunday, August 23, 2020

{Review} MORE THAN ENOUGH: CLAIMING SPACE FOR WHO YOU ARE (NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY) by Elaine Welteroth

 


The first time I "met" Elaine was when I watched season 17 of Bravo's Project Runway (a guilty pleasure of mine ever since Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn were hosting). Anyway, as soon as she was introduced and I watched her for an episode or two I was enamored. You ever see someone and think, "I love their spirit, their vibe, just who they are in general?" That was me with Elaine. I didn't know her at all before Project Runway, had never heard her name, but I was intrigued by what I saw ... and then I found out she wrote a book. I had to get it.

Reading More than Enough was like listening to a friend speak her truth while telling you about her life's story. If all non-fiction read like this, I'd read a lot more non-fiction books. I felt so many emotions while reading this book: anger, pride, joy ... and cried tears through most of these. I loved that Elaine's book made me feel so many different emotions and I loved that she opened up to share about her experiences and her journey.

Elaine, girl, I know you don't know me, I know we'll likely never meet, and I also know you'll likely never ever read this review .... BUT ... just know, this white girl has your back. I am so proud of you for accomplishing what you have. Your story is just beginning and I cannot WAIT to see where you go from here. Thank you for being your truly authentic self. *hugs*

Food for Thought (quotes from the book):

"When you occupy space in systems that weren't built for you, your authenticity is your activism."

"In order to change the stories, you must change the storytellers."

1 comment:

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast