Friday, November 25, 2011

TRW2011: What Book Are You Thankful For?


This is the first mini-challenge in the Thankfully Reading Weekend 2011.  In this challenge, we are to post about the book we are thankful for and why.

This may sound a little trite and cliche, but the book I am thankful for is the Bible. I was raised in a religious household and the Bible has always been the foundation and definition of our beliefs. With it, we learn about our relationship with Christ and how we are to relate to others. It has been a source of comfort to me for the majority of my life and there is nothing I would trade for the knowledge I have gained while reading its pages.

You may see me say un-Christlike things or behave in an unchristian manner. Just know that I am human, as we all are, and am struggling to constantly change my thinking and actions to line up with God's word. I don't judge others and their mistakes because I know I make them, too.

So, anyway, that is the book I am most thankful for.  What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using wordpress.com, you can simply drop the html below in a widget in the footer or at the bottom of the sidebar.
Quantcast